How to get Student Visa J-1?

Employment Visa

J-1 Visa

J-1 The J-1 nonimmigrant visa classification is for exchange visitors who come to the United States to participate in an exchange visitor program administered by the U.S. Department of State. There are different programs within the J-1 category, including trainees, college or university students, secondary school students, professors and research scholars, short-term scholars, specialists, foreign medical graduates, international and government visitors, teachers, camp counselors.


Because J-1 visa classification incorporates a number of different categories of visitors, the specific requirements may differ. However the requirements common to all programs are as follows:

  • Ability to demonstrate that one has a residence in a foreign country that s/he has no intention of abandoning
  • A Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (Form DS-2019) obtained from the program sponsor

How We can Help You?

  • We assist and advice with regard to J-1/J-2 visa applications to increase one's chance of obtaining a visa at consular post abroad.
  • We advise on J-1 status maintenance, employment matters, and assist with change of status applications.
  • We also offer advice regarding the two-year home residency requirement (HRR) and waiver.