How Can I get GREEN CARD through Family?

You may be eligible to get Green Cards (permanent residency) through family members if you are:

Eligibility Categories include:

  • Spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners
  • Unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21
  • Married children of any age and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners
  • Spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder

  • Requirements

    • The sponsoring relative must file a petition (Form I-130) for the qualifying foreign national relative. If the relative is outside the U.S., the immigrant visa case will proceed via consular processing
    • Immediate relatives require an I-130 filing for each sponsored family member
    • Like a birth certificate, sufficient documentation of the qualifying family relationship must be provided.
    • Family-based cases generally require an affidavit of support


    • Filing of an immigrant petition with USCIS USA by a relative in the USA
    • The petition approved by the USCIS is forwarded to NVC
    • After completing the paperwork, including the DS-260 application and sponsorship affidavit (If required), NVC will fix the interview with the embassy
    • The embassy issues the visa after the interview

    How We can Help You?

    • We will represent and assist you in preparing and filing immigrant petitions with the USCIS USA.
    • We will help you file DS 260 and collect civil documents from government agencies
    • We will prepare you for the interview at the consulate
    • We will guide you through the process and requirements at the US airport
    • We will guide you in defining your rights as a green card holder

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Here are some frequently asked questions about Greencard through family:

    1. What is the difference between Adjustment of Status and consular processing?
      Adjustment of status is processed while you are in the United States, while Consular processing is done at a U.S. consulate in your country of birth or country of your last residence.

    2. What if lose my Green Card in India?
      If you lost your green card or had your green card stolen, the embassy may issue you a boarding foil to help you return to the United States.

    3. Can derivatives of the beneficiary of the petition Immigrate?
      a. Immediate relatives:
      Immediate relatives who are the principal beneficiaries of an I-130 cannot bring derivative beneficiaries. A separate I-130 petition must be filed for every single qualifying immediate relative.

      b. Family-based preference category visa:A family member on whose behalf the I-130 petition is filed is considered the “principal beneficiary.” Suppose he/she is being petitioned for in one of the preference categories and has minor, unmarried children or a spouse. In that case, those other family members may also qualify to immigrate as “derivative beneficiaries.”